2 apples, peeled & chopped
2 Tbsp. butter
1/3 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. cinnamon
12 slices Martin's Potato Bread
4 oz. Brie cheese
1 tsp. water
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 1/2 tsp. milk
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1. In a medium skillet or saucepan, combine apples, butter, granulated sugar, lemon juice, corn starch, and cinnamon. Heat on medium-high heat until bubbly; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes until thickened.
2. Cut crusts off of 12 slices of Martin's Potato Bread. Use a rolling pin to roll bread as flat as you can; trim as necessary to make a square.
3. Spoon 1-2 Tbsp. apple pie filling onto each piece of bread.
4. Divide Brie cheese into 12 pieces and add 1 piece to each turnover.
5. Fold bread into a triangle; use a fork to seal edges closed. Brush both sides of turnovers with 1 beaten egg combined with 1 tsp. water.
6. Place turnovers on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar and bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven. Drizzle with a combination of 1/2 c. powdered sugar, 2 1/2 tsp. milk, and 1/8 tsp. cinnamon.
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes