• 6 strips bacon, chopped
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• 1 cup ketchup
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. Pre-heat the pressure cooker using the BROWN setting.
2. Add the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and save for another use. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the cooker, searing in batches until well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken to a side plate once browned.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the pressure cooker and cook until tender. Add the dry spices and continue to cook for a few minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, stirring well to combine and scraping the bottom of the cooker to stir in any brown bits. Return the chicken to the cooker and lock the lid in place.
4. Pressure cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
5. Reduce the pressure with the QUICK-RELEASE method and carefully remove the lid. Remove the chicken to a side plate. Once cool, shred the chicken using two forks or by hand. Return the chicken to the sauce to coat or serve the chicken with the sauce poured over the top.
Serving size: 8 to 10