16 lasagna noodles
1 large butternut squash
1 c. milk
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
8 oz. fresh spinach
1 c. chopped onon
15 oz. ricotta cheese
1 c. shredded parmesan cheese
3 c.shredded mozzarella cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and place each half face down on a greased baking pan. Roast at 400° for 45 minutes or until squash is tender. Reduce oven to 375°.
2. While squash is in the oven, cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
3. Set noodles and squash aside to cool. Once squash is cool enough to handle, scoop flesh into a food processor and puree until smooth.
4. Add 1 c. milk and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg and continue blending until smooth.
5. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 c. chopped onion and 8 oz. spinach; saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Set aside.
6. Beat 2 eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add 15 oz. ricotta, 1 c. parmesan, 1/2 c. mozzarella, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
7. Add spinach mixture to ricotta mixture and stir to combine.
8. Spread a small amount of butternut squash sauce onto the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
9. Add a layer of lasagna noodles, followed by a layer of ricotta mixture and 1/2 c. mozzarella.
10. Add a layer of butternut squash sauce, followed by 1/2 c. mozzarella.
11. Continue layering, ending with a layer of mozzarella on top.
12. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Prep Time 1 hour
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 40 minutes
This Butternut Squash Lasagna is the ultimate fall comfort food. It combines layers of creamy ricotta, butternut squash, fresh spinach, and gooey mozzarella in a cheesy lasagna that everyone is sure to love. This dish is easy to make ahead and perfect for busy weeknights or weekend family meals. And it would make a delicious addition to any holiday menu!