1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
1-1/4 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
2 large eggs
5 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup melted butter, divided
1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
1 teaspoon salt
5 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, eggs and 5 tablespoons melted butter; stir in 1/4 cup sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for
3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Refrigerate,
3. Punch dough down; shape into 40 balls (about 1-1/4-in. diameter). Pour remaining melted butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine
cinnamon and remaining sugar. Dip balls in butter, then roll in sugar mixture.
4. For caramel, bring brown sugar, butter and cream to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Pour half of the caramel
into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; layer with half the pecans and half the dough balls; repeat. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake until golden brown, 30-40 minutes. (Cover loosely with foil for last 10 minutes if top browns too quickly.) Cool 10 minutes
before inverting onto a serving plate.
6. For optional glaze, beat cream cheese and butter until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add enough milk to reach desired consistency.
Drizzle glaze over warm bread.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD: 20 servings.