• 2 Tablespoons olive oil
• 1 large onion, small diced
• Salt and pepper
• 1/2 – 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 2-3 Tablespoons chives, finely sliced, some reserved for garnish
• 1/2 rotisserie chicken, pulled from the skin and bones and gently torn or shredded
• 4 King’s Hawaiian Hot Dog Buns
• Softened butter
• Salt & vinegar potato chips, lightly crushed
Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil. Add the onions to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and let cook for a good 15-20 minutes, stirring every now and then, until golden brown in color. If the onions cook too fast, add a couple tablespoons of water to the pan and turn the heat down a touch. When ready, remove from heat and set aside.
In a medium size mixing bowl, add the yogurt, mustard, a couple tablespoons of chives, and the onions. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine. Add the chicken and toss until coated. Set aside.
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Gently separate the buns, keeping the sides intact. Cut through the middle, down the top, but not all the way through. Spread some butter on the sides of the bun and toast in the skillet until golden brown on each side (how you would for a lobster roll bun). Remove from pan and let cool for a couple minutes.
Open the tops of the buns and fill with the chicken salad mixture, topping with some crushed chips and sliced chives.