12 ounces cheese tortellini
1/4 cup water, reserved from cooking pasta
2 tablespoons butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 lb prosciutto, sliced into thin strips *
1 cup heavy cream *
1 pinch nutmeg,
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
3/4 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
salt and pepper
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
2. Melt butter in skillet and cook garlic for 1 minute.
3. Add Prosciutto and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
5. Add nutmeg and simmer until cream is thickened and reduced by half.
6. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan and peas.
7. Stir in reserved cooking liquid and tortellini and toss to coat.
8. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
9. Serve and enjoy!
* You can use fat free half&half instead of heavy cream. Also you may use
ham instead of the prosciutto.