2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups canola oil
1 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 bottle (1 ounce) red food coloring
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups cake flour
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 to 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line bottom of a 9-in. springform pan with parchment; grease paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet.
3. Bake until center is set, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate until ready to assemble, covering when completely cooled.
4. For cake, increase oven setting to 350°. Line bottoms of 2 greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment; grease paper.
5. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture.
6. Transfer to prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove parchment. Cool completely.
7. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in enough confectioners' sugar to reach desired consistency. Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with 1 cup frosting. Carefully place cheesecake over frosting.
8. Spread cheesecake with another 1 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 70 min. + chilling
YIELD: 16 servings.
Best when served chilled right out of the refrigerator.
1 piece: 896 calories, 66g fat (28g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 676mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.