1 box graham crackers
3 c. whole milk (divided)
2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
1 8 oz. container whipped topping
2 cans Cherry Fruit Filling
1 stick (1/2 c.) butter
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
6 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/2 c. milk with instant pudding mix. Use a hand mixer to blend until smooth; continue blending for 2 minutes.
2. Fold in whipped topping until fully incorporated. Set aside.
3. Place 1 layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan.
4. Add half the pudding mixture (about 3 c.) and spread out smoothly over graham crackers.
5. Add another layer of graham crackers.
6. Add a layer of Cherry Fruit Filling (1 1/2 cans). Reserve remaining fruit filling to use as topping.
7. Add remaining pudding mixture and finish with a layer of graham crackers on top.
8. Prepare chocolate icing (instructions below) and drizzle over the top of the graham cracker layer.
9. Refrigerate cake 8-24 hours before serving.
How to make the icing
1. In a small saucepan, combine butter and remaining 1/2 c. whole milk.
2. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
3. Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder; whisk thoroughly.
4. Set aside to cool slightly, then pour evenly over cake.
Cherry Chocolate Eclair Cake is a dessert lover’s dream! This easy no-bake treat combines layers of creamy pudding with graham crackers and cherry pie filling in a rich, decadent dessert that will have everyone begging for more.
Ideal for holidays, parties, and pot lucks… this cake is easy to make ahead and the perfect size for feeding a crowd. And since it has so many delicious flavors, it’s basically a guaranteed win!
If you love eclairs but don’t want to go through the work of making them, this is the dessert for you!
What kind of pudding?
Since this is a no-bake dessert, it requires the use of instant pudding mix. I used vanilla, but you could also use French vanilla, cheesecake flavor, or even chocolate pudding as an alternative.
What kind of milk?
I would recommend whole milk for the richest, creamiest results. You could also substitute 2% if desired.
Use cinnamon or chocolate graham crackers in place of original
Substitute a different flavor of instant pudding mix
Replace the cherry fruit filling with another variety of Lucky Leaf Fruit Filling
Add cream cheese to the pudding mixture for a thicker filling
Use canned chocolate frosting in place of homemade icing
Tips for making Eclair Cake
Choose a 9×13 inch pan that has straight sides, not one that is angled.
For the best results, be sure graham crackers cover as much of each layer as possible.
Don’t skimp on the 2 minutes of mixing time for the pudding. It helps make the filling light and fluffy!
Refrigerate for at least 8 hours so the filling can set.
For easiest removal, place cake in the freezer 1 hour before serving.
Serve within 24 hours.
To make in advance
This cake actually needs time to chill before serving. It can be made up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerated until ready to serve.
All of the ingredients freeze well, so freezing is a great option. To serve, simply thaw out in refrigerator until cake is able to be cut through with a knife.