1 c. sugar
2/3 c. flour
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 c. flour
2 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 c. cherries, pitted
1 large navel orange
1. In a medium bowl, combine 2 c. flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat milk, 3/4 c. sugar, 1/4 c. butter and egg until creamy. Add dry ingredients and mix just until blended.
3. Stir in almond extract, zest of 1 orange, and juice from 1/2 orange. Reserve remaining juice for topping. Fold in cherries.
4. Spoon batter into a 9 inch round baking pan and sprinkle with crumble topping (see below).
5. Top with juice from remaining orange half.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
1. Combine 1 c. sugar, 2/3 c. flour and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
2. Cut in 1/2 c. butter until mixture is crumbly.
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 45 mins
Total time 1 hour