1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cold butter
1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water
4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup butter, melted and cooled
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1-1/3 cups chopped pecans
1. In a small bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to fit bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan; press into pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and salt on high speed 2 minutes. Stir in flour, melted butter and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour over crust; sprinkle with pecans.
4. Cover loosely with foil. Place on a lower oven rack; bake 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 36 bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + cooling
YIELD: 3 dozen.
1 bar: 254 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.