20 Oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 1-2/3 cups)
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
2 tablespoons hot water
4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1-1/3 cups sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Optional: Whipped cream and coarsely chopped espresso beans
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of prepared pan. In another bowl, mix the coffee granules and hot water.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs and coffee mixture; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
4. Bake at 325° for 60 to 70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes; loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
5. For ganache, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool slightly to reach a spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove rim from pan. Spread ganache over cheesecake. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. If desired, decorate with whipped cream and espresso beans.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour 10 min. + chilling
YIELD: 16 servings.
1 piece: 466 calories, 33g fat (19g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.