4 cups cold 2% milk, divided
3 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant white chocolate pudding mix
1 package white cake mix (regular size)
1-1/3 cups rainbow sprinkles, divided
1 package (1 ounce) freeze-dried strawberries
3 to 12 drops blue food coloring
1/4 cup baking cocoa
2 cartons (24.3 ounces each) Philadelphia ready-to-serve cheesecake filling
2 cans (16 ounces each) cream cheese frosting
2 tablespoons rainbow sequin sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In each of 3 small bowls, whisk 1-1/3 cups milk and 1 package pudding mix for 2 minutes. Refrigerate, covered, while baking cake layers.
2. Line bottoms of 2 greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment; grease paper. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, folding 2/3 cup sprinkles into batter. Transfer to prepared pans. Bake and cool as package directs.
3. Using a long serrated knife, trim tops of cake layers to level; crumble trimmings. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° until crisp but not browned, about 5 minutes. Cool completely on pan on wire rack.
4. Line two 9-in. springform pans with plastic wrap, letting ends extend over sides. Place strawberries in a food processor; process until ground. Stir ground strawberries into 1 bowl of pudding. To another bowl of pudding, whisk in blue food coloring. To third bowl, whisk in cocoa; refrigerate chocolate pudding.
5. Place 1 cake layer in 1 prepared springform pan; spread with strawberry pudding. Place remaining cake layer in remaining prepared springform pan; spread with blue pudding. Freeze both pans at least 1 hour. Top each with 1 carton cheesecake filling. Freeze at least 1 hour.
6. Remove strawberry-layered pan from freezer; spread chocolate pudding over top. Return to freezer 3 hours longer. Meanwhile, stir remaining 2/3 cup sprinkles into cooled cake crumbs.
7. Remove rims from springform pans; discard plastic wrap. Place strawberry-layered cake on a serving plate; top with blue-layered cake. Frost top and sides with cream cheese frosting. Gently press crumb mixture into frosting on sides of cake; sprinkle with sequins. Freeze until ready to serve. Remove 10 minutes before cutting.
Prize Winning Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour + freezing Bake: 30 min. + cooling
YIELD: 16 servings.
1 piece: 871 calories, 43g fat (19g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 929mg sodium, 114g carbohydrate (90g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.