1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
Optional: Chocolate and vanilla star meringues, chocolate shavings, chocolate curls, candied orange peel, chopped pistachios
1. Place an ungreased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the side of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into crust. Place in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
4. Bake at 325° for 1 to 1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and sugar until smooth; spoon over hot cheesecake and spread to cover. Bake for 5 minutes longer or until topping is just set.
5. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove side of pan. If desired, top with optional garnishes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + chilling
YIELD: 16 servings.
Looking for some show-stopping Christmas cheesecake recipes? Look no further! Each slice of this holiday cheesecake is overloaded with fun candy toppings. —
1 piece: 499 calories, 38g fat (20g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.