· 1 8-oz. container of your favorite flavor of yogurt
· small paper cups
· wooden popsicle sticks (available in craft stores)
· plastic wrap
1. Pour yogurt into paper cups. Fill them almost to the top.
2. Stretch a small piece of plastic wrap across the top of each cup.
3. Using the popsicle stick, poke a hole in the plastic wrap. Stand the stick
straight up in the center of the cup.
4. Put the cups in the freezer until the yogurt is frozen solid.
5. Remove the plastic wrap, peel away the paper cup, and eat your pop!
Prep time: about 1 to 2 hours
Serves: 3 to 4
Serving size: 1 pop
Variations and suggestions:
If you like, you can make this recipe using plastic ice-pop molds instead of the
paper cups and popsicle sticks.
For a cool-looking snack, fill your cups only halfway with one flavor of yogurt in Step 1. Follow Steps 2, 3, and 4. Remove your pops from the freezer, take off the plastic wrap, and spoon in another flavor of yogurt that's a different color. Put the plastic wrap back on and freeze once more. When your pops are frozen, you'll have two-colored treats!
*Nutritional analysis (per serving):
5 g protein
2 g fat
21 g carbohydrate
0 g fiber
7 mg cholesterol
73 mg sodium
262 mg calcium
0 mg iron