3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
4 tablespoons butter, divided
2-1/2 cups chopped onions
6 cups cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup 2% milk
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cold butter, cubed
1 cup sour cream
1 large egg
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter until tender; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onions and beans in remaining butter until beans are crisp-tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Add the thyme, salt, pepper, cream cheese, milk and mushrooms. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, dill and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in sour cream to form a soft dough.
3. Divide dough in half. On a well-floured surface, roll out 1 portion to fit a deep-dish 9-in. pie plate; trim pastry even with edge.
4. Pour green bean mixture into crust. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edge.
5. In a small bowl, beat the egg and cream; brush over lattice top. Bake at 400° until golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes.
Five Star Recipe
Prize Winning Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. Bake: 25 min.
YIELD: 10 servings.
1 slice: 503 calories, 37g fat (23g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.