• An assortment of fresh fruit (peaches, plums, pineapple, mango, or pears)
• olive oil
• 2 limes
• vanilla sugar or honey, to taste
1. Preheat grill to 400F.
2. Wash fruit and prep for grill. Cut stone fruit into quarters, and pineapple into wedges.
3. Toss fruit in a teaspoon or so of olive oil and place on the grill.
4. Grill 4-5 minutes per side, or until grill marks show.
5. Remove from grill onto a cutting board. Chop fruit into large, rustic chunks and add to a bowl.
6. Squeeze lime juice over fruit and add zest. Sprinkle vanilla sugar or drizzle honey over fruit.
7. Toss gently and serve at once.
Prep time: 10 minsPT10M
Cook time: 10 minsPT10M
Total time: 20 minsPT20M
The flavors of this salad are bright and bold, perfect for pairing with barbecue fare. Choose stone fruits, pineapple, or pears for grilling, and finish with a splash of citrus. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for a true summer treat.
Chopped or torn mint is another excellent flavor pairing with the grilled fruit. A few leaves are often enough, as you don't want the mint to over power the fruit.