1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 (15 ounce) can peaches
1 lime, juice of
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
? tsp. onion powder
? tsp. garlic powder
1 cup water
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 head lettuce, I like romaine for this dish
1 (12 ounce) package chow mein noodles (or 1 package fried rice noodles)
4 chicken breasts
1 large carrot
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1. Mix together well: olive oil, canola oil, soy sauce, maple
syrup, juice from canned peaches, lime juice, sesame oil, balsamic
and cider vinegar, onion powder and garlic powder.
2. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture for the salad dressing.
3. Season the reserved 1 cup of dressing with salt to taste.
4. Refrigerate the dressing until needed.
5. To the remaining dressing add ? cup water and pepper.
6. In a large bowl or freezer bag place the chicken breasts in this mixture and marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight in the
7. After marinating, grill the chicken on hot grill until cooked through and no pink remains in the center, about 15 to 20 minutes
depending on the grill and the thickness of the chicken breasts.
8. Discard the used marinade- do not use this for dressing the salad (that is what the reserved cup of dressing is for).
9. Arrange lettuce leaves on 4 single-serving plates and decorate with fried rice noodles.
10. Using a peeler, slice the carrot into thin strips and arrange on the plates.
11. Slice the chicken breasts and arrange on top of the salad with several peach slices.
12. Before serving, drizzle with the reserved dressing which has been well shaken
and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.