various ingredients, see below
HOW DO YOU MAKE A SMOOTHIE?
Making a smoothie couldn’t be easier. Start with a high-powered blender and add your ingredients in the following order:
1. Start with Milk. *You can use any type of milk, fruit juice, coconut water, or even coffee (depending on what type of smoothie you are making).
2. Add fresh or frozen fruit, depending on what you have and what’s in season. Some of our favorites include bananas, berries, mango, pineapple, peaches, and even avocado. Feel free to experiment with your favorites!
3. Thicken your smoothie with yogurt, peanut butter, oats, or even tofu. *Using frozen fruit will also thicken your smoothie.
4. Add some sweetness. This could include honey, maple syrup, agave nectar, or even a touch of sugar. *This may or may not be necessary based on the other ingredients you use, so I like to mix my smoothie and taste it before adding anything to sweeten it.
5. Give it a power boost! Add flaxseed, chia seeds, protein powder, wheat germ, or anything else that might give your smoothie a little nutritional boost.
*NOTE: When it comes to smoothies, it’s all about preference and variety. Feel free to experiment with flavors and ingredients…there’s no scientific formula!