1 and 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. finely shredded, unpeeled zucchini
1/4 c. cooking oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. finely shredded lemon peel
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
*glaze can be doubled if desired
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. In a separate mixing bowl combine sugar, zucchini, cooking oil, egg, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Stir to combine.
3. Add dry ingredients to zucchini mixture; stir just until combined.
4. Spoon batter into greased bread pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and set.
6. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 min, then remove from pan and cool completely.
7. Once cool, combine ingredients for glaze and drizzle over bread.
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 50 mins
Total time 1 hour
Serves 1 loaf
This Lemon Zucchini Bread combines two favorites in one delicious loaf of bread! Topped with a sweet lemony glaze, it's a great way to sneak in extra veggies and the BEST way to wake up!