• 1 cup wheat bulgur (dry), makes 2 cups after combining with liquid
• 1/2 medium onion, minced
• 2 cloves garlic, pressed or chopped
• 3 cups minced fresh parsley
• 1 medium tomato, chopped
• 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
• 1 TBS fresh lemon juice or wine vinegar
• sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Place 1 cup wheat bulgur and salt to taste in a bowl. Pour 2 cups boiling water or broth over the bulgur, stir once and let sit for 15-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
2. Mince onion and press or chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health properties.
3. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
4. For added flavor you may want to add more olive oil and lemon juice.
Yield: 4 servings