• 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
• 1 can (about 14 ounces) fat-free chicken broth
• 1/4 cup hot water
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 2 cups uncooked instant rice
• 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
• 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) 98% fat-free cream of celery soup, undiluted
• Chopped fresh parsley
Cook chicken in broth and water in 12-inch nonstick skillet until mixture comes to a full boil. Stir in thyme and rice. Place mushrooms on top. (Do not stir mushrooms into rice.) Cover skillet; turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes.
Stir in soup; cook over low heat 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Tip: Serve with mixed greens salad and sliced fresh strawberries.
Serving size:1 1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Carbohydrates: 28 g,
Protein: 32 g,
Fat: 4 g,
Saturated Fat: 1 g,
Cholesterol: 67 mg,
Sodium: 774 mg,
Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 Bread/Starch, 3 Meat.