Butter – this is one of the few recipes I prefer salted butter. If you use unsalted, maybe add a pinch of salt in.
Graham crackers, crushed – I like to buy them already in crumbs, one less thing to think about, but if you are using graham crackers and crushing them up, you will need about 16 full sheet crackers.
Creamy peanut butter
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Combine melted butter, powdered sugar, and graham crackers.
2. Mix in peanut butter.graham crackers and peanut butter
3. Spread peanut butter mixture into the bottom of the dish.peanut butter crust in dish with chocolate chips
4. Add chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter and melt in the microwave.
5. Spread chocolate mixture over peanut butter in dish.
6. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
SUBSTITUTIONS & ADDITIONS
Chocolate Chips: You can swap out the type of chocolate chips you are using for your no-bake bars if you prefer. I have used milk chocolate as well as dark chocolate before and both turned out delicious! Next time I may try butterscotch!
Peanut Butter: Any brand of peanut butter will work for this recipe. To add a little crunch to your bars you could use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy!
Garnish: To take these bars up a notch, try adding a fun garnish to the top of the chocolate. I have sprinkled the tops of them with crushed up Oreos, mini M&M’s, nuts, and even drizzled melted white chocolate. It can be fun to get creative with this.
HOW TO STORE
You should store any leftover bars in an airtight container and place them in the fridge. This helps them to keep their shape better.
Cut into individual squares and either place parchment paper between each bar or wrap each individually. Bars will keep for at least 3 months in the freezer.