2 c. quick cooking oats
1 c. shredded coconut
1 c. raw almonds, coarsely chopped
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
1/2 c. coconut oil
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. honey
1. Combine oats, coconut, almonds, and cranberries in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine coconut oil, brown sugar, and honey. Heat over medium heat until bubbling; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, stirring.
3. Pour coconut oil mixture over oat mixture and stir until evenly coated.
4. Let cool slightly; spoon mixture into a lightly greased 8x11 inch baking pan (or pan of similar size).
5. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and additional coconut, if desired.
6. Use wax paper to press mixture firmly into pan. *It is important to pack the mixture as tightly as possible.
7. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until firm; cut into bars.
8. Wrap individual bars in wax paper or serve immediately.
9. Store in refrigerator or at room temperature. *Note: Bars are most "firm" when stored in refrigerator.
Prep time 5 mins
Total time 5 mins
Serves: 16 bars