1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 can pineapple rings (reserve extra pineapple rings & juice)
7 maraschino cherries
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. milk
2 Tbsp. pineapple juice, from can
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a small saucepan, melt 1/4 c. butter over medium heat.
3. Stir in 3/4 c. brown sugar.
4. Pour mixture into 9 inch round pan.
5. Place pineapple rings on top of brown sugar and place a maraschino cherry in the center of each ring.
6. In a medium mixing bowl, cream 1/4 c. butter, 1/2 c. granulated sugar, and 1/4 c. brown sugar.
7. Add sour cream, milk, egg, pineapple juice, and vanilla. Mix until blended.
8. Use a food processor to grind reserved pineapple rings (or chop finely) and stir into batter.
9. Stir in flour and baking powder just until moistened.
10. Pour batter over pineapple rings in pan; spread evenly.
11. Bake at 350° 50-55 minutes or until top is golden brown and edges begin separating from pan.
12. Use a knife to loosen edges; cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
13. Place a serving plate on top of pan and invert cake onto the plate.
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 55 minutes
TOTAL TIME 1 hour 10 minutes
Nutrition Information: SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 180 TOTAL FAT: 10g SATURATED FAT: 6g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 3g CHOLESTEROL: 41mg SODIUM: 77mg CARBOHYDRATES: 23g FIBER: 0g SUGAR: 22g PROTEIN: 1g