• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 4 ounces crumbled Italian sausage
• 1/4 cup finely diced onion
• 1/2 cup diced red and green peppers
• 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
• 1/3 cup mini pepperoni slices or chopped pepperoni
• 1/4 cup sliced black olives
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 cups dried penne pasta
• 1 and 1/4 cups tomato sauce
• 1/2 cup water
• salt and pepper
• 4 ounces cubed mozzarella cheese
• grated Parmesan cheese
• chopped fresh parsley
1. Pre-heat the pressure cooker using the BROWN setting.
2. Add the olive oil to the cooker and brown the sausage. Remove the sausage and set aside. Add the onion, peppers and mushrooms, and cook for a few minutes to soften.
3. Add the pepperoni, olives, oregano and pasta and stir well. Pour in the tomato sauce and water, season with salt and pepper, stir and lock the lid in place.
4. Pressure cook on HIGH for 7 minutes.
5. Release the pressure using the QUICK-RELEASE method and carefully remove the lid.
6. Stir in the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and garnish with fresh parsley.
This is a great mid-week dinner for two. It takes just 7 minutes and you don't even have to cook the pasta separately. This recipe is written for a 2-quart pressure cooker, so be sure to increase it if you have a larger cooker and hope to feed more people. The time should stay the same.