• 2 cups shredded yellow, sharp, Wisconsin cheddar cheese
• 4 ounces cream cheese
• 4 tablespoons softened butter
• 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
• 2 teaspoons granulated onion
• 1/4 cup ruby port wine
• Toasted chopped walnuts and finely chopped parsley, to roll
Place the cheddar, cream cheese, butter, garlic, granulated onion and port wine in a mixing bowl and mix until well-combined.
Place the cheese mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap and from it into a big ball. Refrigerate for an hour to firm up.
Once firm, roll the cheese ball to coat in the chopped nuts and parsley.
Serves 10 to 12