2 square puff pastry sheets
1 pound ground sausage
4 cups diced/shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
2 cups chicken broth
12 ounces chicken gravy
1 1/2 cups 2% milk
16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups frozen diced hash brown
salt to taste
black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat a large pot and brown the ground sausage until cooked through.
3. Add the butter and flour, stirring it constantly to mix well. Once the mixture bubbles, add the milk, gravy, and chicken broth. Stir it and bring it to a boil.
4. Add the cooked chicken, frozen veggies, and hash browns. Stir it to combine and bring it to a boil again. Add salt and pepper to taste, then remove the
pot from the heat.
5. Pour half of the mixture into a square casserole dish, and the other half into another square casserole dish.
6. Place a refrigerated puff pastry sheet on each casserole dish. Tuck in the sides and corners of the dough.
7. Crack an egg and beat the egg to create an egg wash. Brush the egg wash onto the top of the puff pastry sheet.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top of the puff pastry is brown and the puff pastry is
9. Let it cool for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!