2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 lbs. ground turkey
2 c. diced peppers (I used a combination of green & red)
1 c. diced red onion
1/2 c. split red lentils
1/2 c. water
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. onion powder
pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet fitted with a lid.
2. Add ground turkey, peppers, and onions and cook until turkey is browned.
3. In a separate bowl, combine tomato sauce, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, kosher salt, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
4. Pour mixture into skillet, along with lentils and water.
5. Increase heat to high and bring liquid to a boil.
6. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until lentils are tender.
7. Serve on buns with cheese and other desired toppings.
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 20 mins
Total time 25 mins