• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1⁄4 red cabbage (medium head, about 2 cups, finely shredded)
• 2 ripe tomatoes (medium, seeded and chopped)
• 1⁄2 cup canned artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
• 1 cup green peas (frozen or fresh)
• 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable juice (low-sodium tomato or)
• 1 cup water
• 2 teaspoons dried basil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute cabbage, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and peas for 10 minutes.
2. Add tomato juice and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, add basil and simmer for 10 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender and soup is piping hot.
3. Serve in individual serving bowls. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Yield: 4 servings