1 lb 85% lean ground beef
1 tablespoon salt-free taco seasoning
1 teaspoon kosher salt
vegetable oil cooking spray
2 large eggs
1⁄2 cup milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (7 ounce) can diced mild green chilies
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. For the ground beef: In a large bowl, combine the beef, taco seasoning, and salt. Mix well.
2. Grease an 7-inch round baking pan (see Note) with vegetable oil spray. Place the seasoned ground beef in the pan.
3. For the topping: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and flour until no lumps remain. Fold in the chiles and cheese until well combined. Pour the topping over the ground beef mixture.
4. Place the pan in the air-fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 350°F for 15 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat has reached an internal temperature of 160°F.
5. Drain the fat and liquid from the pan. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
READY IN: 10mins
NOTE: This recipe was written to be made in an air fryer with a capacity of 5.3 quarts or more. If your fryer is smaller than that, cut the ingredient quantities in half and cook the casserole in a 6-inch round cake pan with 4-inch sides. You could also make this in a springform pan so that you can unmold the sides and serve the casserole on a plate for a more dramatic presentation.