3/4 cup butter, cubed
1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup dried cranberries
6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon grated orange zest, optional
6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter; stir in the brown sugar. Cool slightly.
2. Add eggs, 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; stir into butter mixture. Stir in cranberries and chopped chocolate (batter will be thick). Spread into a greased 13x9-in. pan.
3. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake), 18 to 21 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
4. For frosting, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and, if desired, orange zest until smooth. Gradually beat in half of the melted white chocolate; spread over blondies. Sprinkle with cranberries; drizzle with remaining melted chocolate.
5. Cut into triangles. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
YIELD: 3 dozen.
1 blondie: 198 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.