• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing the pan
• 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
• 1 cup milk
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
• 1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes, sliced as thinly as possible (use a mandolin if you have one)
• 1 pound baby zucchini, sliced as thinly as possible (use a mandolin if you have one)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Grease a 14-inch roasting pan with olive oil. Soak the bread in the milk for 5 minutes. Crumble well with your hands to form a paste. Add the eggs ad Parmigianoand set aside. Layer the potatoes and zucchini in the pan, seasoning each layer with salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and olive oil.
Pour the bread-milk mixture over the vegetables in the pan. Bake in the preheated oven 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the top is golden brown. Serve hot or at room temperature, cut into wedges. Serves 8